The 100% owned Wellgreen project, located in Canada’s mining-friendly Yukon Territory, hosts a large PGM and Nickel deposit that is accessible via an all-weather road from the paved Alaska Highway; a major all-season trucking route leading to deep sea ports at Haines and Skagway, Alaska. Behre Dolbear ranks Canada as the top mining investment jurisdiction globally and the Yukon is ranked ninth in the world by the Fraser Institute. The Territorial government is highly-supportive of the mining industry and the Wellgreen project, as is the local Kluane First Nation with whom we have an Exploration Cooperation & Benefits Agreement.
Wellgreen Platinum is focused on the advancement of the Wellgreen project toward production, with current efforts underway to further evaluate overall project economics, simplify project financing requirements and continue the collection of environmental baseline data.
- Large Mineral Resource: 5.5 Moz PGM+Au, 2.9 B lbs Ni+Cu (M&I) with 13.8 Moz PGM+Au, 7.0 B lbs Ni+Cu (Inferred)
- 2015 PEA base case average annual production: 209,000 ozsPGM+Au(3E) & 128 Mlbs Ni+Cu in concentrate over first 16 years
- Strip ratio: 0.75:1 LOM and 1:1 for first 5 year starter pitsgrading 2.5 g/t Pt Eq or 0.65% Ni Eq[0.32% Ni, 0.31% Cu, 0.43g/t Pt, 0.35g/t Pd, 0.09g/t Au]; First 16 yrs grading 1.9 g/t Pt Eq or 0.51% Ni Eq [0.28% Ni, 0.18% Cu, 0.29 g/t Pt, 0.29g/t Pd, 0.05g/t Au]
- Lowest quartile all-in sustaining costs on co-product and by-product basis
- Average annual operating cash flow: CAD$338 million over first 16 years; Total over LOM: CAD$7.5 billion
- Initial capex: CAD$586M (includes $100M contingency) for 25 year base case mine life
- PEA base case economics: post-tax NPV7.5%CAD$1.2B and 25.3% IRR
- Base case production & economics based on 34% of pit-constrained mineral resource;
- Significant potential for expansion of production from existing resources, as well as exploration along 18km mineralized trend
Wellgreen projections based on the results of the 2015 PEA Technical Report on the Wellgreen project entitled “Preliminary Economic Assessment Technical Report, Wellgreen Project, Yukon Territory, Canada”, which is dated effective February 2, 2015, which is available under the Company’s profile on www.sedar.com. A PEA is preliminary in nature, in that it includes an economic analysis that is based, in part, on Inferred Mineral Resources that are considered too speculative geologically to have economic considerations applied to them which would allow them to be categorized as Mineral Reserves, and there is no certainty that the results will be realized. Mineral Resources are not Mineral Reserves because they do not have demonstrated economic viability.
Jurisdiction & Infrastructure
- Located in pro-mining Yukon Territory with strong support from government & Kluane First Nation
- Past producing property with paved highway and year-round access to deep sea ports
Environment & Permitting
In anticipation of a future application to YESAB and the Yukon government, environmental baseline studies continue on the Wellgreen Project, including collection of meteorological data, surface water quality and flow data, ground water quality and flow data as well as wildlife and vegetation studies. These baseline studies are being conducted in collaboration with the Kluane First Nation as part of the exploration cooperation and benefits agreement announced by the Company on August 2, 2012.
Qualified Person under Ni 43-101
John Sagman, P.Eng., Wellgreen Platinum’s Senior Vice President and Chief Operating Officer and a “Qualified Person” as defined in NI 43-101 has reviewed and approved the scientific and technical information contained in our website.
Click here for the Legal Notice, forward-looking information and the cautionary note.